Welcome to the website of the Pride in Harborough awards, brought to you by the Harborough Mail and the Lutterworth Mail, and are sponsored by Market Harborough Building Society.
Pride in Harborough is a special awards event that recognises the achievements of special people within our area; those who have gone out of their way to help others, those who have overcome hardship and those who support a positive attitude within our community.
Do you know someone who has gone the extra mile to help others overcome hardship or someone who has offered their help and support for the community? Why not nominate them for an award to be presented on the night at our gala evening dinner?
The entry process is simple. You can find information about all of the categories, what the judges will be looking for, and how to cover all the bases with your entry, on this microsite, and then make a nomination using the online form. Please give the judges as many details as possible to help them make up their minds.
The awards will be presented at a gala event on Friday 26th April, 2013. It's sure to be a fantastic night celebrating all that's best about our area, and will give some very special people and organisations a well-deserved pat on the back. Tickets are £25 (Adults) and £15.50 (Under 12's).
For more information, sponsorship or tickets please call 01536 506105.
This awards event is aimed at recognising and celebrating the outstanding achievements of individuals and groups working so hard to make Harborough district a special place.
They might be unsung heroes or people who have had a positive impact on the community. They might be young people making a difference with their energy and enthusiasm or people who have put in years of support and care.
We know the judges will have a difficult job choosing between the many outstanding nominations - but we still want to hear about them all!
We know there are thousands of people who work tirelessly across the area and carry out great work in the community, usually without reward and often without recognition.
This year will be the fourth year of the awards which will culminate with a glittering presentation ceremony on Friday 26th April 2013.
The closing date for nominations is
Friday 5th April
But we need your help, and your nominations, to make that happen so please take the time to make a nomination now.
1. Young Achiever of the year - sponsored by George Hall Cycle Centre
This award is for someone under 21 who has either, achieved great things in sport, represented their school, is involved in volunteer work, or achieved distinction in some other field. An individual who has gone above the expected and is setting new standards in a particular field.
2. Raising the Profile of the Town - sponsored by The Angel Hotel
Anyone who has actively promoted the town via press release to local media (including press, radio, tv) as well as national international media and promoting the positivity of the district outside it's territories.
3. Inspire a Generation - sponsored by The Three Swans
This category is for people who inspire us through their achievements and has made a significant impact to those around them. Someone who made a contribution to our community, stands out among peers for capturing opportunities and has overcome challenges. This person is a positive model for generations to follow and their generosity of spirit leads others to achieve greatness in their own right.
4. Fundraiser of the year - sponsored by Nomad
This award is to recognise the achievements of the many people that raise money for others. Many of these people so often go without recognition.
5. Service with a Smile - sponsored by Adams & Jones
This will be an individual or a team that goes that extra mile when it comes to customer service setting a superb example and making you want to return again. Those people who make our community a friendlier place to be and deserve to be recognised for going that step further. Once shortlisted a visit to experience the customer service could be done.
6. Excellence in Education - sponsored by Stanair
This award is for anyone or any organisation involved in education; a school, a teacher, teaching assistant, community group leader/worker, community, sports, music group etc. It is to recognise the work and effort they put into promoting and enhancing education in its widest sense e.g. learning in general not just exam achievement.
7. Friendly Neighbour - sponsored by Seven Locks Housing
Everybody needs them, as the song goes, but good neighbours really can transform lives. This award recognises those who have done so much for the people who live near them.
8. Care in the Community - Sponsored by Waitrose
This award recognises individuals who have shown incredible patience and understanding, often for many years, caring for and supporting a friend or loved one. This award recognises those who have cared for others without thought for themselves or any public recognition.
9. Outstanding Example of Bravery - sponsored by Andrew Granger
This award pays tribute to some outstanding examples of bravery. An individual or group who have overcome adversity in their life, have saved the life of another, or have voluntarily prevented a negative situation from getting out of hand.
10. Unsung Hero/Heroine - sponsored by CDS Global
This award recognises the achievements of individuals or groups that go out of their way for others or their community as a whole. From spreading good news to voluntary support, this award is for people who are not recognised for their years of commitment.
11. Market Harborough Building Society Choice Award Winner
This award will be decided by Mark Robinson CEO of the Market Harborough Building Society.
If you would like to nominate an individual or an organisation for an award, please fill in our online application form by clicking on the link below.
Give us contact details for yourself, as well as your nominee. Then select which category you wish to nominate them for, and the reasons why you think they should win.
Please give us as much information as you can to assist the judges in the decision making process. The closing date for nominations is Friday 5th April.
1. Please give the judges as much information as possible to help them make up their minds. You can include a maximum of two photos or other documentation to support your nomination. Please post these clearly marked to: Pride in Harborough, c/o Northants Newspapers Limited, Newspaper House, Ise Park, Rothwell Road, Kettering, Northants NN16 8GA.
2. Pride in Harborough awards welcome nominations about individuals who either live or do their main work within the circulation area of the Harborough Mail and the Lutterworth Mail, and organisations and projects which are primarily based within south Leicestershire.
3. Applications should be submitted online in the first instance, but supporting information can be supplied as hard copy by mutual agreement if that proves to be the most appropriate means of delivery. No responsibility can be taken by the organisers for any items lost, delayed or damaged in transit. Organisations may not enter categories with which they are involved through sponsorship.
4. A panel of judges appointed by the organisers will carefully consider all entries and select the winners in each of the categories. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The closing date for nominations is Friday 5th April. Nominations which have been shortlisted by the judges will be invited to the awards presentation event. This will be held at the Three Swans Hotel in Market Harborough on Friday 26th April, 2013.
5. Information contained in the award entries may be used as part of the promotional campaign for the awards. Details of the award winners will be published in print and online. Winners will be welcome to use the Pride logo and newspaper reports, by arrangement, in their own marketing and publicity operations.
For more information, sponsorship or tickets call 01536 506105 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on icons below to visit follow us on Twitter or visit the Northamptonshire Events website, where you will find details of all of our fantastic events and exhibitions throughout the Northaptonshire region and beyond.